Self Awareness Principle #3.

“Become aware of how others see you. Have a plan in place to do this”


The first thing that comes to mind here is smiling, you never know who is watching you, SO be approachable and start things off with a big smile.

Secondly, DRESS FOR SUCCESS. I work in a Pro Shop and it is so easy to go in there wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I try my hardest to dress as though I'm going for an interview. The tennis/squash/pilates/gym junkies have a day-job and who knows what that may be, and if they're hiring!

Thirdly, when you are talking to people - What are you talking about? Are you always complaining?(I feel like I'm always complaining, but we can change that!) Stop and really listen to what the other person has to say, always think before you speak, make your conversation meaningful and make a great impression.

"Put more emphasis on where you are going, than where you are, or where you have been.”

This principle is HUGE for me.

It's so easy to blame where we are right now from our past but its not true. This principle goes for everything. Even weight loss, you will never lose weight if all you think about is what your current weight is. I remember wanting to lose weight, so that I could start going to the gym to work out. That's what the gym is for! Once I realized that, I quickly saw how ridiculous that was.

So keep your mind on your goals. In regards to business, if you want to work for a specific company, take someone from management out for coffee/or dinner (if you can afford it) and ask about what it is like to work for that company, how to get your foot in the door, what experience do they require etc, and leave them with your business card. Don't go into this coffee date with the attitude that you must get a job out of it, it is important to just get your name out there. They could keep you in mind for upcoming hiring or refer you to other companies who they know are hiring!





Comments

  1. I love this! Being aware of your self first comes with being confident with who you are

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is important, REALLY important, to be who you want to be before even thinking about how others will see you.
    That been said, a smile makes me feel better about me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Now this is living different

Key elements to life

Achieving our dreams