Permission to be different.

Each and every one of us has goals in life: some big, small, short-term and longterm.

It's one thing to dream and another to achieve.
"If you are not excited about your own dream, how can you expect anybody else to be." - Les Brown
"within our dreams and aspirations we find our opportunities." - Ebaugh Sue

Confidence:
Are you prepared to carry-on without anyone's support?
Do you have this idea or passion stuck in your mind?

Outcome:
What if I fail? What if I succeed? 
If you fail, will you still be proud of yourself for following through? Will you still feel accomplished? Will it better yourself? Even if you fail, it could give you the confidence to try in the future a different way.
If you succeed, well really - enough said. You have achieved your goal!

Schedule:
I swear by schedules! Take a look at your week, outline your existing priorities and find out realistically how much time you have allotted for working towards this goal. My goal, for example, is to write a book about something specific I have had on my heart for over a year now.
Start date: January 2012 
Hoping to finish: April 2012  
I have 3 months, and approximately 18 chapters according to my outline - that's 6 chapters a week.. Not exactly realistic
Once you figure out a realistic time-frame, take a look at your week and pick out certain times where you can commit to your project. Take it seriously, and view it as work.

Hard work and Confidence:
It's easy to dream and plan for, but when it comes to doing it. You just have to go for it, full force. Things will come up, with me I had too many things this past summer that discouraged me from accomplishing this goal:
1) Evil thoughts: Do I even have permission to do this?
2) Lack of encouragement: My parents thought I wanted an excuse to not look for work. So as I mentioned support, you need to be confidant that you can support and encourage yourself in these times.
3) Distractions: My previous work shutdown meaning myself and the rest of the staff were let-go. I had enough money saved-up and decided I would take 3 months to write.. and I wasted those 3 months because I felt guilty about not looking for a job.
4) Lack of confidence: This ties in with my situation last summer too.

If you have this idea or passion, be different and give YOURSELF permission to follow your dream. I wasted way too much time looking for people to approve of me writing.
3 things to always keep in mind: Confidence + Commitment = Creation

Comments

  1. Gods grace has touched me with these words. Thank you Kristine I hope that this feeling is permanent and even if u loose it u gain it back from the power of the holy spirit. :D Im so happy i got to read this <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Now this is living different

Achieving our dreams

Key elements to life