When in doubt, laugh.


Over the past few weeks, I have talked to many people, many people who mainly discuss their worries and concerns in life. I can't help it, I do this a lot too. But why complain? Life is so short!
Two weeks ago, a lovely girl named Ashley did a presentation to my class on how laughter is the best medication. I was reminded of her presentation yesterday, when I was talking to someone who was on a complaining rant for a little over 10 minutes. Rather than joining in and complaining about my own situation. I thought I would make light of the situation with a joke. Which worked! We left our conversation with smiles on our faces, and she probably was in a good mood for atleast 20 minutes after. 
Yesterday, I goggled to see what the doctors thought of laughter as medication. I summarized the following article for you: Laughter is the best medication
  • Humour is infectious: it binds people together and increases overall happineness
  • Humour and laughter actually strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from damaging effects of stress.
  • It really is the best medication, because it acts as both a physical and emotional relief. You know when you laugh so hard that you cry? This 'laugh session' is not only a great work out for your abs, it relaxes your muscles and actually helps cleanse any negative thoughts.
  • Laughter will help you to relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more
  • Humour will helpyou to see situations more realistically, in a less threatening light. This making situations not so overwhelming
According to studies: The good feeling that you get when you laugh will remain with you after the laughter subsides.
Keep in mind that laughter can give you the courage and strength to find new hope. Even in the most difficult of times, a laugh - or simply a smile - can go along way toward making you rfeel better. And, laughter really is contagious - just hearing someone else laugh readies you to smile and join in on the fun.
So today, try to ask someone, "So, what was the funniest thing that happened to you this week?"
This reminds me of a story, but perhaps I will save it for a later post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now this is living different

Achieving our dreams

Key elements to life